Here at Barbell Beast, we know how hard it is to follow all the different rules that are out there when it comes to eating the right “diet”. So we are gonna break it down to simple simple terms, so that you might be able to step off on the right foot and be able to take control of your life.
First, Jack Lalanne said: “Exercise is King. Nutrition is Queen. Put them together and you’ve got a kingdom.” – Really powerful stuff. No matter how you look at it, 60/40, 70/30, 80/20, 90/10, you can’t live a life to the fullest without both. Remember all though, exercise might be king, it is the queen who rules how the body will look overall. As most of us know who are married, happy wife, happy life right?!?!?! Nutrition will always play a bigger role in how your body appears than exercise alone.
To keep things SIMPLE (KISS);
1. Eat varied proteins
2. Eat seasonal and varied vegetables
3. Eat healthy fats (coconut oil, avocado oil etc)
4. Eat starch vegetables for carbs (know the amount!)
5. Limit fruit intake to what you need (know your macros)
6. Kill all sugar and artificial sugar intake
7. Kill alcohol intake as it does more harm than good
8. Utilize grains on a very limited intake.
Following these simple rules will help you more easily maintain that body you always wanted, but for a more precise nutrition profile for your body, head over to our good friends at Dynamic Nutrition, where they can prescribe you your exact macro nutrient break down based off your life and habits. They will be able to better refine your food intake and get you to where you want to be the right way.